"The Bradford County Library in West Burlington Township recently acquired a movie license, which is allowing it to start showing films to the public, the library's director said.
The library will be showing "family friendly" movies from its collection of DVDs, said Jeffrey Singer, library director.
As a condition of the license, the library must show the films free of charge, Singer said."
One can only wonder how the library obtained this licence (other than read the rest of the article, but who wants that responsibility?). So here we go, the top 10 ways your library can force a movie company into letting you show their films:
10) Offer them free books.
9) Threaten them with violence.
8) Threaten them with violins.
7) Think of horrible, hacky puns and write a blog post about it.
6) Two words: Book Ninjas.
5) Use research skills to dig up dirt on their top executives.
4) Just show the movies and cite free use until they buckle.
3) Make your own movie and not let them see it.
2) Gungam Style.
1) Kidnap Liam Neeson.